Saturday, September 13, 2008

Slow Down

Slow down, step back, breathe.

Well, that's what I told myself. These last few days, I've been rather too caught up in things, that I sometimes forgot to just step back and breathe. And when I do step back, well, what a mess I've made.

So, one. For my dear friend. I apologize. For everything. Especially if I'm forcing you to be something you aren't. Just be who you are, the one that I knew that just talked about whatever in her mind, even if it took quite some coaxing to do so. It's fine if your words hurt or whatever. At worst I'll just be upset for a while and then come back. I know I will.

And, two. I've just realized that my cousin is right. The tax rates here are just too much. Especially that inheritance tax. Like hell.. spending like 20 million just to hand over the ownership of a building from a dead man to his son? Geez... No wonder why people just love to avoid taxes.

Even those income taxes are exorbitant. With how much they're charging for people with huge incomes, no wonder the rich guys are moving their assets overseas. Well, considering that Singapore is charging like only 20% compared to our 35%, with better results (better public service and all), no wonder they're having lots of investment there.

No comments: