Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Silly-go-round

It all started by a junk mail from my co-worker containing a questionnaire-psychotest, which is not entirely correct, but points out that The song that defines my feelings right now is "Silly-go-round" by Fiction Junction.

And I was something like "The hell, I didn't even know the actual meaning of those lyrics." But well, with spare time and all, I decided to scour the web for a translation. After rummaging through unintelligible translation and BabelFish output, finally I found something that was quite understandable.

Here goes.


Silly-go-round
Fiction Junction YUUKA


If I could call out to you
with the same strength as my heart does
then regardless of how many people hurt me
I’ll able to take the pain

When I realize I have but little further to go
The light of dawn breaks down
the walls in front of me

As we awaken from the dream, we keep on running
all by ourselves untill we can see the dream no more
Then when I look back in confusion, the gravity
created between us will one day
pull me back to you

As I let my loneliness flow in me
hiding lies within lies
no matter how many times I may be wrong
I know this is my “Last chance for love”

Though I grow tired of seeing twilight approach
I still cry everytime I see its beauty

Knowing the goals I planned for myself
I skip past the reset button
We’re both going in circles around the same place
Relying on my own strength, I know that our gravity
will one day bring me
back to you

You and me, we’ll be together

As we awaken from the dream
we can use the dream to connect to each other
I stretch out my hand towards the
place where nobody can see or judge us
My heart and body desire more love, and
so the gravity between us
will bring them to you

As I awaken from my dream
I will reach out with my hands...



The original lyric in japanese can be found on the web easily, but in case you are lazy... This is the link

About the song itself, does it match what I'm feeling? Some of it, yes. But I guess it's just the product of my mind doing a conformation process with an ideal. In simpler words, almost any intelligible song lyric would have made some sense if you put you r mind to it. Most lyrics are quite open to multiple interpretations anyway.

Okay, that was my logical side grumbling. But well, it's a nice song, and I really like it. The lyrics are good, too. And yes, even after my logical grumbling, I confess, some of it fits what I'm feeling right now.

As a bonus, the quiz also mentioned Kelly Clarkson's "Behind These Hazel Eyes" as a song that described my life. Maybe I'll post the lyrics tomorrow if I feel like it :D

No comments: